The day to day affairs of CIIT are taken care of by the Rector who is the academic and administrative head of the institute. The Rector performs his functions in accordance with the general policy guidelines of the CIIT, laid down by the BOG.
The Rector is the Chief Executive Officer of the Institute who is responsible for all its administrative and academic functions.
He has all necessary power, for this purpose, including administrative control over the officers, teachers and other employees of the institute.
- The Rector can direct teachers, officers and other employees of the Institute to take up such assignments in connection with teaching, research examination, administration and such other activities in the institute, as he may consider necessary for the purposes of the institute.
- The Rector can sanction budgeted amounts for the specified purposes.
- The Rector can re-appropriate budgetary amounts for unforeseen items not provided for in the budget.
- The Rector can make appointments of such categories of employees of the Institute and in such manner as may be prescribed by Statutes.
- The Rector can suspend, punish and remove, in accordance with prescribed procedure, from service officers, teachers and other employees of the Institute.
- The Rector can delegate, subject to such conditions as may be prescribed, any of his powers to an officer or officers of the Institute.
- The Rector can exercise and perform such other powers and functions, as may be prescribed including powers and functions incidental or ancillary to the powers and functions specified here.